Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chp 8 & 9

To my understanding and my years of going to grade school and now collegeI beleive that teachers are disigner's most of the time while they are teaching. The teachers have to do alot of designing throughout the years and semesters they teach. Teachers must design lesson plans and other sorts of teaching methods to fit each student because each student learn in many different ways.

The trebuchet simulator is one of the devices that i would use inside a classroom. This teaching method is mostly used to teach lesson about the physics and force it simulates a throwing device and can be used in a competitive setting because they have to manipulate movement of things.

Digital Storytelling is a program that puts primary focus on integrating technology in activities with more infuses on the activity. It is used for majority of group work and working with others. It use for  telling stories between each other using first person narrative using your own voice andis illistrated mostley with still images.

I think that using graphic calculators is very important to use in a mathematical setting. It is used to make math more real because of its ability to graph and plot things on the grapgh. Its also able to do alot more other methods by using variables.

I do think that children could learn from television alone. There are many shows that are out these days that have some type of educational message to send to students, and not only educational but other ways also. I take the cooking channel for instance, even tho the instructions are not written down on paper you can still watch it visually and listen to the instruction and learn how to cook a meal just from watching it on tv. I feel that you can learn from tv alone depending on what your trying to learn, but i wouldnt suggest it.

Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, NewJonassen, D., Howland , J. , Marra, R.M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningfull  Jersy : Pearson Prentice Hall.

1 comment:

  1. I never did very well in math so teachers never spent alot of time trying to teach me how the calculator work, I think that if I had known how it workd better I could have seen a real world application of math and it could have improved my skills there. I think it is great that you chose that as your topic.

    ReplyDelete